At a Glance
Your Manufacturing Execution System
Using vjoon K4®, administrators and project managers can always keep on top of the entire process management and the components in use. They can even see how Adobe InDesign Servers or local data storages are deployed, manage publications, user accounts, license pools, directory services, databases and schema connections. All processes may be configured individually, in detail and depth. And the entire team benefits from the system's phenomenal flexibility and the remarkable measure of reliability it brings to the publishing process.
Administer your publications, users, meta data and directory services, manage all production sequences and define workflows for your various media output using the graphical workflow editor – just using a browser interface: K4 Admin.
A central entity administers all assigned publications, Adobe InDesign Servers, K4 DES (Distributed Enterprise System), K4 DSI (Directory Services Integration) and license pools as well as databases and schema connections: K4 Server Admin.
Administer Workflows and Projects Online
K4 Admin puts you in the virtual pilot seat of your publication or project. This is where you administer your publications, users, meta data and directory services, manage all production sequences and define workflows for your various media output using the graphical workflow editor.
- Manage all your publications and output channels online in a browser.
- Administer groups, users and rights as well as issues, variants and renditions in a single interface.
- Define Admin Roles to assign specific administrative tasks to more than one user.
- Duplicate publications and user setups easily.
- Make use of wizards, help systems and templates that speed up configuration of users, meta data, queries and publication settings.
- Benefit from error messages highlighting missing data: for example, while creating a new user profile, the wizard would notify the administrator if no section was selected for the user.
Manage all your publications and output channels centrally and online in a browser. Administer groups, users and rights as well as issues, variants and renditions in a single interface. Duplicate publications and user setups easily.
You can define Admin Roles, so more than one user can use the admin interface, and you can assign specific administrative tasks to each user – for instance, one person can be in charge of creating new issues only.
K4 Server Admin
Extend Your Management Capabilities
K4 Server Admin is a powerful management application extending the management capabilities in vjoon K4. This central entity administers all assigned publications, Adobe InDesign Servers, K4 DES (Distributed Enterprise System), K4 DSI (Directory Services Integration) and license pools. Users can access several different databases (Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MySQL) simultaneously from a single K4 server, migrate data from database to database, and distribute publications, as the situation requires. This speeds up many processes, particularly backup and archiving.
- Manage all your publications, databases and database schemas centrally.
- You can administer any number of Adobe InDesign Server instances – additional Adobe InDesign servers may be temporarily added while the system is up and running.
- Administer or connect K4 DES and K4 LDS (local data storages) at short notice to collaborate across long distances at a local network speed.
- Deploy directory services/LDAP using K4 DSI (Directory Services Integration). This function enables agencies and service providers to manage several customers and publications in their vjoon K4 system using dedicated K4 DSI configurations for each.
- Manage all your licenses centrally and set up license pools to distribute all bought or rented licenses across several projects or customers.
- Duplicate publications in a variety of ways, for instance, entirely with all contents or with only the structure remaining intact.
Manage all you licenses centrally and set up license pools to distribute all bought or rented licenses across several projects or customers.
Gain tremendous times savings when operating remote production sites, always having updated and worldwide synchronized layout files.
Intuitive and Visual Process Management
Unique to vjoon K4® is its easy-to-use, Web-based graphical workflow editor. This innovative tool allows administrators to rapidly set up, edit and duplicate simple to extremely complex cross-media workflows, and to print out the workflow chart for communication and reference. The graphical workflow editor and the workflow concept is an elementary part of the system which differentiates vjoon K4 from other systems.
K4 Server Platform is supporting two workflow models (can be mixed):
Workflow model for complex productions, with parallel processes, dependencies, rewinds and emergency assignments. A state-of-the-art workflow model, matching the publishers needs for a modern production.
Simplified task-based workflow:
Workflow model for simplified processes and with less functionality. This model combines a traditional status-based workflow with some elements of a modern task based workflow.
- Manage all your processes with an intuitive graphical workflow editor running in a browser.
- Rapidly set up, edit and duplicate simple or extremely complex parallel cross-media workflows.
- Create any number of workflows for each object type and output channel.
- Generate dependencies between individual workflow channels (e.g. only output PDF of layout if article and picture are ready)
- Configure Rewinds to step back within your workflow if the result of a task has to be optimized.
- Define Emergency Assignments in case a user needs help of any kind.
- All workflows can be freely configured. This also applies to access rights and the unlimited number of available meta data fields.
Rapidly set up, edit and duplicate simple or extremely complex parallel multi-channel workflows within a graphical UI running in a browser and create any number of workflows for each object type and output channel.
Take Advantage of two sophisticated workflow models which can be mixed. In addition to regular production tasks create independent, automated and independent automated tasks to generate a maximum process flexibility.