At a Glance
Your Starting Point for Impressive Storytelling
K4 Edit is the vjoon K4® client for Adobe InCopy to start any kind of story whether it is for print or digital. Benefit from the entire range of capabilities in Adobe InCopy and the additional functionalities of vjoon K4 which makes it much more efficient to work in a professional editorial environment. InCopy users can write articles in parallel with layout designers who are working on the corresponding page layouts.
Through the K4 Query panel you can access to any content within InCopy – it represents your window into the vjoon K4 database and allows you to search publications and issues contained in vjoon K4, and, in order to edit related objects, accept the tasks that have been assigned to you.
K4 Collections is the perfect place to compile and capture all the information, images and URLs you need for an impending story and get started generating initial layouts and rough drafts.
K4 Sticky Notes lets you comment on layouts or articles and communicate with your team in real time.
- Take advantage from a high performance full-text search, which may be combined with classic queries and filters.
- Create queries to search for objects, tasks, assignments or using any other specifications you want.
- Benefit from different views (List View, Thumbnail View, Layout View) to present query results and the associated object data.
- Tasks are represented in a convenient hierarchical list view and you can accept tasks for articles and text objects or open previews of articles and texts directly.
- Save queries and palette settings to customize your interface.
- Monitor multiple queries in real time.
- See at glance who is working on which document, when it was last edited and much more.
Plan and Research Topics
Across all Clients
K4 Collections is the perfect place to compile and capture all the information, images and URLs you need for an impending story and get started generating initial layouts and rough drafts. All the collated background information and every element that is not required immediately for the production workflow remains with the story and readily accessible in the K4 Collection. K4 Collections lets you also work within the vjoon K4® clients in Adobe InDesign and InCopy.
- Plan and research topics for upcoming issues and projects and make use of it across clients.
- Collect all your research material (e.g. text, pictures, videos, URLs) in one place.
- Get started with an initial layout and rough drafts and port them right into a publishing workflow.
- Add additional information as a collection to articles and stories for background information.
- Keep your secrets by starting a personal collection or make it available for your team.
K4 Sticky Notes
Using K4 Sticky Notes, you can place notes in layouts and exchange messages with other users. You may use K4 Layout in Adobe InDesign, K4 Edit in Adobe InCopy and K4 Overview Advanced to add sticky notes to a layout page, share your comments with other users and reply to other users comments.
- Post sticky notes on layouts and articles to comment and suggest corrections.
- Collaborate in real-time just like a chat.
- Use sticky notes across several clients.
- Every entry is marked with a time stamp and the user name.
- A sticky note can have an unlimited number of entries.