Enterprise Edition delivers a customizable solution that meets the digital publishing needs of enterprise media publishers, brand organizations, and agencies, enabling greater audience and brand engagement, digital readership, and business value.
Folio Producer Tools
Author publications targeted to tablet devices directly within InDesign CS5.5 using new Folio Producer tools. Create immersive page layouts that combine the visual appeal of print with the engagement of interactivity. InDesign CS5.5 is available separately or as a component of Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium and Design Standard.
- Within InDesign CS5.5, add interactive overlays to page layouts using the Overlay Creator panel included in the Folio Producer tools. Overlays include: Hyperlinks, Slide shows, Image sequence, Audio and video, Panorama, Web content (including support for hyperlinks and hyperlink buttons), Pan and zoom
- Within InDesign CS5.5, preview and test .folio files or articles within .folio files on the desktop using Content Viewer for Desktop.
- Create .folio files locally on the desktop through an intuitive offline workflow and then upload to the cloud when ready to publish.
- Copy .folio information directly to a connected tablet for rapid preview and testing.1)
- Create, organize, upload, share, and unshare .folio files using the Folio Builder panel included in the Folio Producer tools available in InDesign CS5.5.
- Create publications using PNG, PDF, or HTML file types.
1) Device preview is available on Mac for Android and iPad Tablets and available on Windows for Android tablets only. 3rd party file management software is required on the Mac for iPad preview.
Folio Producer Service
Upload content directly from within InDesign CS5.5 to produce digital publications. Use the Folio Producer Service (Organizer and Editor modes) to manage and publish .folio files to the Distribution Service.
- Upload InDesign CS5.5 page layouts and linked assets such as images, video, and audio using the Folio Builder panel in InDesign CS5.5.
- Add metadata such as title, description, or publication date to .folio files or articles for use in navigation with Content Viewer.
- Drag and drop editorial and advertising content into the desired sequence. View .folio files by thumbnail or list view.
- Easily add articles to existing .folio files, or copy articles from one .folio file to another. Article size can be up to 2GB.
- Set article priority to facilitate faster .folio file download, enabling consumers to start engaging with content more quickly.
- Click to publish single- or multi-.folio content in the cross-platform .folio file format and deliver to the Distribution Service.
Store cross-platform publication files in the .folio format on a hosted fulfillment server and deliver publications to Content Viewer on different devices.
- Maintain content in a central repository ready for immediate delivery.
- Deliver your publications to Content Viewer on multiple devices, including iPad, tablets running Android 2.2 and 3.0, and BlackBerry PlayBook.
- Automatically notify readers of new content from within Content Viewer, including customized "push" notifications.
- Enable readers to download only the rendition of the publication pertinent to their device resolution and aspect ratio.
Monetize digital content by selling publications through leading mobile marketplaces or directly from a publisher's website.
- Sell single-.folio, multi-.folio, or subscription-based applications from within Content Viewer for iPad. Purchase within the application through the Apple App Store or directly from a publisher's website through direct entitlement.*
- Sell single-.folio and multi-.folio applications from within Content Viewer for Android using the Android app payment system or direct from a publisher's website through direct entitlement.2)
- Integrate with print subscriber databases and fulfillment systems to merchandise print/digital bundles, promotional codes, and digital issues to print subscribers through support for direct entitlement.2)
- Restore previous publication purchases for easy portability when a reader enables a new device (iPad and Android).
2) Direct entitlement is available with Enterprise Edition only.
Gain insight into how your readers and customers engage with editorial and advertising content through tight integration with Adobe Online Marketing Suite, powered by Omniture®.
- Capture and view analytics for both single- and multi-.folio viewer applications.
- See interactive overlay performance across all titles, including user engagement with specific interactivity types within an individual .folio.
- Track and analyze application installs and launches.
- Track reader engagement with individual articles and ads included in a .folio file.
- View which titles in a publisher's portfolio are generating the greatest number of purchases and downloads, or review each title's performance on an individual basis.
- Enable extended reporting that includes page flow, time spent with article, ads and interactive elements, purchase events, and more by delivering data directly to Adobe SiteCatalyst®, powered by Omniture, for in-depth analysis.3)
3) Requires Adobe SiteCatalyst subscription (sold separately).
Viewer Builder Service
Automatically create a publisher-branded Content Viewer that immerses consumers in your publication or documents.
- Create a branded Content Viewer to display publications and documents across platforms — including on iPad, Android, and BlackBerry PlayBook devices.
- Create multi-.folio, iOS 5 Newsstand applications5).
- Customize the toolbar of branded applications to include up to five unique icons.6)
- Flexibly create single-.folio or multi-.folio applications that support monetization through leading app stores.
- Upload your icons and assets to build and preview a branded Content Viewer for submission to app marketplaces.
- Manage an existing Content Viewer and help ensure signing with appropriate security certificates and provisioning profiles from the desktop.
- Create developer-signed and distribution-signed versions of your applications.
- Create enterprise-signed viewers to enable private distribution of in-house applications.6)
- Create a virtually unlimited number of branded applications without size restriction.
- Submit publications for approval more easily with support for application submission and status management.
- Control the listing of languages on Apple iTunes by selecting only those languages in which your application is available.
5) Available when iOS5 Newsstand is released by Apple, Inc.
6) Available only in Enterprise Edition.
Adobe Content Viewer
Render content, complete with interactivity and navigation, in .folio format publications with Adobe Content Viewer.
- Display highly designed content on Apple iPad, Android, and BlackBerry tablet devices.
- Enable an immersive reading experience with dual-axis navigation and a zoomed-out "browse" mode.
- Develop articles based on the latest technologies with full support for HTML5.
- Create a horizontal-only reading experience to best display content optimized for that orientation.
- Drive enhanced merchandising with support for a fully customizable digital storefront.7)
- View partially downloaded .folio files for reading offline, and automatically resume download when the connection is restored.
- Immerse readers and customers in the look and feel of your publication's brand by creating a branded Content Viewer with the Viewer Builder Service.
- Display and update a library of content available for purchase and download by readers.
- Serve readers and customers around the world by changing languages8) automatically based on device locale settings.
- Enable users to control the download of priority content.
- Create iOS 5 Newsstand-enabled content viewers for iPad tablets9).
7) Available only in Enterprise Edition.
8) Supported languages include Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, and Ukrainian.
9) Available when iOS5 Newsstand is released by Apple, Inc.